Sitting here staring at my computer on my birthday I came to a very important conclusion in life-related to my health and fitness.
I can not do what I use to do.
- I can no longer spend an hour and a half to two hours in the gym six days per week
- I can no longer drink booze until 3 am, sleep 4 hours, and pump my guns at 7am the next day
- I can no longer eat junior bacon cheeseburgers until I have a food baby and still stay lean, energized, and healthy.( lets face it I was the fat kid growing up I was never able to do this! but I am sure some of you lived this life)
- I can no longer isolate myself from eating socially and only dry chicken breast and broccoli with brown rice 6 times per day and maintain healthy personal relationships with family, friends, and other loved ones.
And I bet some you can relate to some of those too.
As guy’s (don’t worry ladies – I’m going to talk about you too) life is much different from when we were younger. We can no longer workout and eat like we use to (late night fast food runs and all-nighters with beers and buddies). We’ve got more stress, more responsibilities, and less time and energy to take care of our health.
Finding work/life balance is a big time struggle.
We want to change our exercise, nutrition, and sleeping habits. We want to reduce stress. But eating more junk food and drinking more alcohol has become a more convenient option.
Hashtag the struggle is real!
Women – Trying to keep everyone in the family happy while also keeping yourself happy and healthy seems to be your biggest struggle. Alcohol and sugar have become a momentary escape. Emotional eating is a huge issue for them and most women I have come across feel they need help to overcome this.
Man or woman, one common denominator is that you’re not super happy with how you look and feel.
The biggest stumbling blocks to achieving the body you want include:
- Finding the time (I don’t want to make time)
- Unsure of the right approach
- Are not putting what they do know into consistent action
- I’m just not motivated (I’d rather be doing something else)
I had a consultation call with someone the other day and this is what they had to say.
“I want to start putting my health first so I can think better and get my head straight. I am guilty of putting my career first and then by the time I get home; I’m exhausted and have no energy to play and/or clear my mind to spend time with my husband & children.
I had a short-term goal set aside 8 years ago; which was to get fit.. It’s 8 years past and now I’m tired of thinking about it.. It’s time to get it together!”
When I asked them what awesome things might happen to you if you did make progress towards a healthier body, fitness, and life – this is what they had to say.
“My social life would be better! My energy, mindset, and way of life would improve all together. I could enjoy me again.. Less bitterness and more fun because I’m just too tired.”
If you can relate to this make sure to make sure not to waste any more time. If you think the last 8 years flew by let me tell you something.. the next 8 are going to go even quicker. Give us a shout for a free consultation or better yet jump right into one of Club Sweat’s Group Sweat classes, the most efficient quickest and easiest way to get LONG TERM SUSTAINABLE results
If you have any questions feel free to reply directly to this email. I read and respond to every single one that I get.